Saturday 6 November 2010

Some little quilled doves of peace

Ever since putting up yesterday's post, I've had quilling and stained glass windows on my mind! I woke up this morning with the idea of a little 'stained glass effect' dove of peace in my head, and so I've made this card using the same photo background as the previous one:

I was quite pleased with the little 'olive branch'  appearing next to the rainbow (echoes of Noah and the Great Flood here!), but I felt that the black outline was perhaps just a bit too heavy for this delicate little dove.

So I made another bird without an outline, and this one has gone on to a plain blue window-shaped background - altogether much more of a soft, peace-filled design for Christmas time. I think this is definitely one of those cases where 'less is more' in terms of simplicity. And it reminds me that I don't have to use a photo background every time. Sometimes the quilling just speaks for itself.

3 comments:

  1. I like them both but I do agree that the one without the outline on the plain blue background is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have created the body of the bird with just one coil and it is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ann and Suganthi. I'm using crimped strips to make these coils, and they are quite easy to mould into the bird shape.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails