Wednesday 6 April 2011

A slice of spring ... with a quilled butterfly!

It's true to say that I don't usually sit down to my craft with a clear creative plan. Instead I tend to start out with a vague idea and make things up as I go along. This really is such a joy after decades of working (writing) for other people in my former marketing career. Anyway, when I started extracting the flower photographs that I featured in yesterday's post, I played around with placing the blooms on a colour -filled shaped background in Photoshop - don't ask me why I chose a quadrant shape, but I did - and it ended up reminding me of a decorated slice of birthday cake! So I decided to use the image in a birthday card - and here it is:


Having printed the card, I decided to quill a butterfly with wings that would echo the wonderful orange colour that outlines the narcissus centre. I'm on a bit of a 'huskings kick' at the moment, so I made the top wings utilising the same pin formation as I had used for yesterday's flower petals, starting off in the centre with a crimped strip section in an even brighter shade of orange.

I'm hoping this card will sell at the market on Friday, and that the person who eventually receives it will savour this particular little taste of spring.

6 comments:

  1. I love this card! I have never tried the husking before, currently am experimenting with a comb to make an easter cross! Next will be this technique. Hope your card sells because I would so buy it! Lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Butterfly, it really stands out from the card!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful birthday card and the butterfly is beautiful
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful slice of spring time and the shape does resemble a slice of cake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wishing you all a delicious slice of springtime in the weeks ahead. And Jackie, I'm looking forward to seeing your first huskings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Philippa this is truly Gorgeous ....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails