Sunday 1 May 2011

Some roses for May Day

It's hard to believe that May is here at last, full of the promise of summer! So I decided to celebrate by posting some quilled roses on Quilliance today - just the thing to help banish the memory of all last winter's snow. This is a little hairslide that I've just finished making for a friend's grand-daughter. I like the combination of deep red with pink, and the pink roses here were made using metallic edged strips for a little extra sparkle.

This past week, I've been awarded the 'Stylish Blogger' award not once, not twice, but THREE times over from Mihaela, Eenzy Beenzy and Monica. Thanks very much to all of you - I am honoured! But it also seems to me that there aren't many blogs left now to pass the award on to ... especially as each recipient is asked to nominate another eight recipients each time. So I hope nobody will be upset when I say that I've decided not to pass this award on any further. It's a really nice idea, but I do feel that having to make all those nominations creates extra work for busy bloggers - especially when blogs without the award are getting increasingly hard to find!

However, another of the award's requirements is that recipients should reveal eight random facts about themselves. Well, that's actually quite easy for me right now, as I'm delighted to have been featured as 'Member of the Month' for May 2011 on the Creative Quilling Forum. So anyone who is interested can discover at least eight facts about me here!

7 comments:

  1. Dear Philippa,
    Thank you! You voiced exactly how I feel about the labels we received. I also am very happy to receive them, but I have difficulty in passing them for the reasons you described so well.
    I like your flowers in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty. Will look lovely in some ones hair.
    Congratulations on receiving the award three times. I don't generally pass them on any longer. It's nice to be thought of but I'm always so bad at remembering to post them. Not to mention that I can never decide who to choose. I love all my readers and the blogs I follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards. I feel the same way on passing them on.

    I love your May flowers hair clip. So pretty and I like the combination of the pink-red a lot. Very pretty!

    Happy May :) ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support about the awards issue, everyone! I'm glad to know others feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulation on your awardS! :D
    That's so nice :)
    I have never given award from anybody :(

    Please kindly left some sweet comment on my blog
    teddy bear princess
    or see my newest post
    teddy bear princess: Fashion Bloggers: Diana Rikasari

    LotsOfLoves

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails