Sunday 9 October 2011

Life gets in the way!

No post here for nearly a week ... well, that's the way it goes I guess - there's never a shortage of crafting ideas in my head, but life has an annoying habit of getting in the way just when I want to put them into action!

In actual fact, I haven't been entirely idle on the quilling front these past few days. I DID manage to create another card design using some more of those metallic-edged strips I love so much. I have some gorgeous purple 3mm strips which are edged with copper, and decided they would look great on a background of even deeper purple, complemented by some extra yellow swirls to add a little brightness.

I also played around with fringing some strips, using the very useful 14cm wide 'bulldog clip' that I bought at The Quilling Guild's wonderful event last month. I managed to create three fringed flowers using some iris-folding strips which I had folded in half and fringed diagonally inwards from the folded edge, holding the open edges together inside the clip as I cut. When you roll up this type of fringed strip around a central solid coil, the cuts splay naturally outwards to create an interesting petal effect - although I did find that it's best to glue the open edges together after fringing and apply a little downward pressure to open the cuts up first.

Here are the flowers I made, alongside my finished card. I'm hoping to get a LOT more quilling done this coming week, if I get the chance!



4 comments:

  1. again as a magnificent creation, I love it!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  2. there just never seems to be enough time to get everything done. You did well in the quilling department though. I love the look of the fringed flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philippa,

    Beautiful!
    I love your design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philippa, Your fringing is great

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails