Friday 31 August 2012

A digital dalliance

Having been so busy for so many weeks, I decided to indulge myself with a little 'digital dalliance' these last few days. Followers of Quilliance will know that I enjoy playing about with digital art almost as much as I love quilling (note: I did say "almost"!), so I found it quite relaxing to return to the challenge of combining the two once again.


Those of you who were 'with' me here in blogland at the beginning of July may recall that I had a phase of trying to create digital 'background paper' images for my quilled cards - and there was one design left over that I did not get time to use. So here it is: a textured paper image embellished with medallion shapes and a few additional Photoshop 'brushes' that somehow reminds me of art from the ancient world. All I've done is decorate it with some VERY simple solid coil quilling, using metallic-edged strips ... but I like the end result!

And then ... I was completely beguiled by some copyright-free 'retro' digital backgrounds that I found on the excellent Photoshop Roadmap Facebook page.  So I started doing some crafty 'layering' of  different 'papers', and these two cards are the result. (OK, I KNOW the second one doesn't have any quilling in it, but please humour me here - I was having fun playing, and centred the design on an extracted photographic image of a daisy flower!)

I absolutely love these crazy patterns!




So, as you can see, the creative juices are definitely flowing once again ... and who knows what next week is going to bring? Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, love the madallion one most, you havent lost your touch!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!! Love the medallion one a lot, Philippa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! Your digital experiments are successful! However, the most beautiful is medallion one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gr8 works philippa....love all ths creations...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilling . love your tight coil medallion design. Beautiful background as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails